I believe that my goal as an educator is to be a source of information, inspiration, and support for students. I set an example with a strong work ethic by keeping up on my own research and art production, attending conferences and workshops, and maintaining a constant show record.
While I demonstrate techniques and safe use and handling of materials and equipment, I also address the importance of formal, esthetic, and conceptual outcomes to help students find their own way of expressing ideas within their chosen media. To do so I provide a structured and secure classroom environment for students to express their ideas, while maintaining a stimulating and challenging atmosphere to inspire new possibilities and concepts in their work.
California State University , Long Beach, CA May 2012
Master of Fine Art, Emphasis in Metal and Jewelry
Otis College of Art and Design , Los Angeles, CA May 2008
Bachelor of Fine Art, Interactive Product Design
Notre Dame du Sacre Coeur, Dax, France June 1994
BTS, Business and Sales Management
California State University, Long Beach, CA June 2011 – Present
Lecturer – Metal and 3D media
- Responsibilities include syllabus preparation, demonstrations, grade assessment, Studio preparation, and supervision. Class taugh include:
- Art 357A & B Beginning metal and jewelry, an introduction to the field of metalsmithing and jewelry with a special emphasis on technical skill-development.
- Art 355 Beginning enameling covers the techniques, materials, and concepts of enameling on metals.
- Art 458A an advanced and special study course. Special emphasis is put on the development of each student’s independent process through exploration and self-reliance.
- Art 257 an introduction to the - Art 357A & B Beginning metal and jewelry, an introduction to the field of metalsmithing and jewelry with a special emphasis on technical skill-development.
GSM Europe, Hossegor, France June 2001 – September 2002
European Sales Manager – Women Division BillabongMarket research and analysis.
- Assisted in the creation of management position representing 25% of total European turnover.
- Established sales projections, monitored progress towards goals and conducted purchase.
- Liaison between design, marketing, and sales in establishing woman’s division
- Manage key accounts and buying groups for European market.
- Attended trade shows and exhibits across Europe.
GSM Europe, Hossegor, France January 1997 – May 2001
Sales Representative, Billabong South West region
- Increased regional sales from 2.5 million to 9.5 million French Francs
- Managed 120 clients and 3 key accounts.
- Implemented training course for new recruits.
- 1999 sales representative of the year.
G & R Merchant Pty Ltd, Hossegor, France July 1994 – December 1996
- Reported directly to Director of Billabong as personal assistant.
- Managed day to day affairs including organization of twice international annual sales meeting, international travel schedule, purchase of equipment, and facility management.
- Proficient in Rhino 3D, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, AS 400
- Sketching quick ideation, orthographic drawings.
- Model making in foam, wood, and metal.